They can, yes.
This could be the shortest article since the answer can generally be from one word: yes or no! But you could argue. Therefore, we will disassemble. Along the way, we will talk about the apparent advantages of wireless headphones, but we will also mention the disadvantages.
Do wired headphones sound better than wireless ones!?
Of course, this argument is correct when comparing models comparable in level and price, but there are nuances. If we talk about custom headphones, then the difference may be in favor of wireless solutions. Or devices can be comparable in their capabilities, with wired headphones being cheaper and wireless headphones more comfortable.
Ease of use. Is this criterion vital to you?
Wired headphones are tangled wires that must be carefully twisted and hidden, but where? Usually, wired headphones have already gone where they
They are supposed to be for scrap if we are not talking about expensive "studio quality," which the owner always values because this is a work of art. Comparing headphones in the same price category, for example, the wired AKG K371 and the wireless Plantronics BackBeat Fit 6100, the wired solution will surely win, with a good sound source also by a margin.
What are you listening to with headphones?
Yes, it turns out that the headphones' sound still very much depends on the sound file quality they play. Here we again conclude that all headphones are used in different conditions. Wired headphones are used when you want to enjoy and hear all the colors of this piece of music. Can you tell me where you use your headphones the most? Yes, it is when you are alone and have time to listen to music. This is a morning run; the music also supports
You, in a unique way, ask your run and gives you vigor. On trips, if you are in transport for a long time and this transport is not your car. If this is public transport, you want to separate from the surrounding noise and enjoy music. But you will not always listen to just music. Many at this time study foreign languages and listen to lectures on various topics, so for you, the quality is not in the first place, and the main thing is that it is convenient. You can immerse yourself in your voice without unnecessary noise.
Noise cancellation in headphones.
First, noise cancellation can be different when the ear cushions practically cover your ear canal, and active noise cancellation is when two microphones release the noise. A wave is produced in the antiphase, and your hearing does not perceive this noise. Active noise cancellation is achieved using analog or digital filters and differs in implementation types - closed-loop, open-loop, and hybrid noise cancellation. Quality Active Noise Cancellation technology significantly improves the acoustic performance of headphones and headsets with good passive noise canceling. But it cannot compensate for design flaws or poor material of the ear cushions if the manufacturer decides to save on them.
Ease of use.
First, pay attention to how comfortable the headphones are in your ears. Also, how beautiful they look. You probably don't want to wear headphones that bulge out and sit uncomfortably in your ear.
Then you pay attention to all the other technical possibilities:
- Headset. Allows you to make and answer voice calls. The device has one or more microphones, and the control buttons will enable you to take or make a call - you do not need to get your phone out for this.
- Auto connection. Thanks to this mode, the headphones will independently connect to the device with which they were previously synchronized. This requires both devices to be in the line of sight and Bluetooth enabled on the phone.
- Auto pause. The earpiece often falls out of the ear, or you must pull it out to hear something. It is not always convenient to pause a song or audiobook, or you may not have time, but if this function is provided, then a particular sensor will understand that the device is not in the ear and will stop playback itself.
- Noise suppression. Thanks to this function, the headset will eliminate extraneous sounds and allow you to enjoy clear and high-quality sound. This is true on the street or in public transport, but it should be understood that for many headphones, the function is more likely to be present than works.
- Touch buttons. Advanced wireless headphones have no buttons on the case but are controlled using a sensor. This makes the headset look modern and stylish.
- Sound adjustment. Thanks to this option, the sound volume can be adjusted using buttons or a sensor on the headphones, which is more convenient than reaching for the phone.
- Voice notifications and controls. Due to these options, the device will indicate a low battery level or out of range of Bluetooth. Voice control allows you to perform specific actions through an assistant on your smartphone or with special commands.
- Wireless charger. It is unnecessary to explain this function, but it is worth knowing that it can work differently. In some cases, only the headphones are charged wirelessly, and the charging case itself must be connected with a cable; in other situations, such charging is supported by both the headset and its storage box.
- Multipoint. This is a function that you can pair with multiple devices. For example, by connecting a headset to a phone and a laptop, you can listen to music from the latter and, if necessary, answer a call that goes to the phone.
Finally, you have selected what suits you, and here the price of this device becomes the primary criterion for buying. Almost all headphones have similar technical characteristics, and the price-quality ratio comes into the choice and for what purposes you will use them. Only by these criteria, in the end, do you make your choice.
From my personal experience I can say that, yes, wireless headphones do (in most cases) sound better than wired ones. If we’re comparing more expensive wireless headphones with almost any other (and cheaper) wired ones, I think the wireless ones will almost always win. Like you said, it’s a matter of how new and advanced the headphones are. Ones that have the QANC technology you mentioned will be better than ones that don’t, no matter if they are wired or not.
For working out, running, etc I prefer wireless headphones. For listening to music while at my PC I prefer wired ones.